Submitting new packages

Hi all,

I read in pkgsrc handbook, chap. 21.2, that a new package should be
submitted as a uuencoded, gzip'ed tar archive.
In FreeBSD we're using shar(1) which is more comfortable (at least for me
Just a question: Does your process strict requires the uuencoded, gzipped
tar archive (though I must submit the pr's using the web-interface) or is
a shar file ok, too?
Finally, I will create an alias or a small script creating the required
format - so I do not want to initiate a big change - it's just a question.

Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards

Jens Rehsack

Fa. Manß & Partner
Phone: +49 - 214 - 30 - 41 562
Fax: +49 - 214 - 30 - 31 625

Geschäftsführung: Vorsitzender Andreas Resch   |   Arbeitsdirektor Norbert
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Klaus Kühn
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leverkusen   |   Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 49895