Re: devel/gmp fails to build on OS X 10.5

Louis Guillaume schrieb:
Hi,

Trying to build gnucash on OS X (Leopard). It depends on devel/gmp, which fails to build. I have no idea how to fix this...

Louis

ld: duplicate symbol ___gmpz_abs in .libs/compat.o and .libs/assert.o

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgobj/devel/gmp/work/gmp-4.2.2
*** Error code 1

Looks like that problems seems to be around since March this year and may be related to something Apple specific. I did not read - or technically understand completely - the following links, but that maybe can give somebody with more knowledge a hint:

http://www.mail-archive.com/help-gnutls%gnu.org@localhost/msg00937.html

If I remeber correctly, this hit me when trying to compile octave on MaxOSX 10.5.2 or so, do not remember exactly.

Also looks like other programs are affected by this too:

http://www.nabble.com/MLton-on-Mac-OS-X-10.5-td14118409.html

Bernd