Re: errno changes in signal.h (was: CVS commit: src/include)

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 10:08:57AM +0100, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
 > > I have run a build to check the tree for places where errno.h is missing,
 > > and fixed the cases I found, but there might be more in MD code.
 >
 > Not only in MD code, but also in pkgsrc.
 >
 > e.g. pkgsrc/audio/rplay
 >
 > in rplayd/connection.c and rplayd/rplayd.c

Joy.

 > Where I don't understand why pkgsrc doesn't stop the build after the first
 > error appears:
 > [snip]

It looks as if the recursive make rules in the package's makefile
aren't stopping on error.

   all:
           @for i in $(TARGET); \
           do \
                   (echo make all in $$i...; cd $$i; $(MAKE) $(MFLAGS) all); \
           done;

should be

   all:
           @for i in $(TARGET); \
           do \
                   echo "make all in $$i..."; \
                   (cd $$i && $(MAKE) $(MFLAGS) all) || exit 1; \
           done;

(It also doesn't appear to have occurred to them that you can do

   all install uninstall clean distclean tags depend:
           @for i in $(TARGET); \
           do \
                   echo "make $@ in $$i..."; \
                   (cd $$i && $(MAKE) $(MFLAGS) $@) || exit 1; \
           done;

but that's beyond the scope of pkgsrc patches.)

I am not a pkgsrc guy so I'm unwilling to commit this fix, but someone
else probably should. :-/

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost