Re: summary data about all packages in the repository

Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
Does anybody know a program/way to obtain a summary information
about ALL packages in pkgsrc/ repository?

I thought about this problem recently, and I came to the conclusion that there needs to be a package database, like http://packages.debian.org/.

This database should be able to answer the following questions:

- Which package do I need to install to get file xyz?

- Which binary packages are available (currently in README.html)?

- My new package has a file xyz, does that conflict with anything else?

- Which PKG_OPTIONS exist in the complete pkgsrc tree?

- Which packages are affected by PKG_OPTION xyz?

and probably many more.

Roland