Re: wip/pdftk and NetBSD 4.0 and gcj: libgcj.spec: No such file or directory

Hello Jeremy,

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 10:26:08AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> p.s. I just need to cut out some PDF pages. texexec loses the page size
> and changes formatting but pdftk works good last time I used it. gv
> converting PDF and saving selected pages to postscript looks terrible
> (loses font details?). If anyone knows of an alternative, please let me
> know.
I don't know wip/pdftk, but your problem was interesting and I try to
solve it via a simple Perl scrip. BTW, I'm not a Perl coder and I'm only
a Perl and C newbie, so this is a quick & dirty script, but I tryed to
do my best. ;)

For this script we need only wip/p5-PDF-Reuse.

I tested this script with ``The pkgsrc guide'', so this is an example:

 $ ftp http://www.NetBSD.org/docs/pkgsrc/pkgsrc.pdf
 [...]
  We want the Chapter 2, ``Where to get pkgsrc and how to keep it up
  to-date''
 [...]
 $ ./forjeremy.pl pkgsrc.pdf 16 18 > chapter2.pdf

So its usage is very simple:

 ./forjeremy.pl <our.pdf> <first_page> <last_page> > ourcutted.pdf

HTH and good luck Jeremy! :)

Ciao, Leonardo
--
 Leonardo Taccari (leot) | http://leot.netsons.org