Re: diffs to update time/p5-DateTime-Format-MySQL

On Apr 14,  7:43am, George Michaelson wrote:
} On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:59:38 -0600 (CST)
} "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:
}
} > On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, John Nemeth wrote:
} >
} > >      Done, thanks for the patch.
} >
} > Please also bump PKGREVISION.
}
} aha. I think I failed to follow best practice. I did this in a bunch of
} wip/ additions.

     Don't worry about it too much.  Although, it is best if the patch
is complete, it is up to the committer to sanity check things.  Having
done a reasonable ammount of pkgsrc work, things like this won't escape
me.

} > And I maybe put DEPENDS above the PERL5_ lines.
}
} previously the pkg had no depends so I was also un-clueful here.

     pkglint didn't complain, so I wouldn't worry about this too much.

} > And the source says it only needs
} >                         'DateTime::Format::Builder' => 0.60,
} >
}
} the version in pkgsrc is 0.7807, which is where I sourced the
} dependency info from. my bad.
}
} is it actually better to mark it against the head pkgsrc state for the
} level of change? If PKGREVISION is rolling, why would you mark it to a
} version which is only found in older pkgsrc?

     Thinking about it, it could cause force somebody to update a
dependent package when they wouldn't otherwise have to do so.

}-- End of excerpt from George Michaelson