Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/multimedia/vlc

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Matthias Drochner wrote:
If you (or someone else) want to test an update to 0.8.6c -- I've
been working on this a while ago. It used to work reasonably well,
but some recent change in the base system or in pkgsrc made that
the wxGTK gui crashes for me all the time.
I don't know whether I've just messed up my system, so perhaps it
helps if someone else tries it.

I've just built it up on very -current src and pkgsrc and I'm not seeing any gui crashes. Is there an action that particularly triggers it for you?

(I did see lots of gui crashes some time back, but that was pthread inconsistencies IIRC).

If nothing else, we should commit the updates to the other packages in your patch even if it's decided to test and polish vlc up.

--
Dr. Stephen Borrill, Director and Systems Architect
Precedence Technologies Ltd              T: +44 (0) 8456 446 800