Re: What to do against "hanging" downloads?

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:34:49 +0900, Gueven Bay
<gueven.bay%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I am building now the guide (/usr/pkgsrc/doc/guide) and in this
> process bash is built for which patches are downloaded. The system
> tries to download from ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de the bash32-01 to
> bash32-1x patches, but every time it is stuck at this step
>  229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||15323|)
> The system waits for two or three minutes then he downloads this
> little patch which takes some seconds.
>
> What can I do to avoid these "hanging" downloads, please?

Put following lines on ~/.netrc (need last blank line).
machine ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de
macdef init
epsv4 off

First "machine" line may replaced with "default".

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost