Re: gnome-mag/2007Q3/NetBSD/i386

On Thursday 25 October 2007 1:50:18 pm Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Also libXdamage/builtin.mk and libXfixes/builtin.mk files can be created
> that will create the missing pkgconfig files if needed. It is very
> complicated. Some examples are x11/Xrender/builtin.mk and
> x11/xextproto/builtin.mk.

So I can make and install libXdamage but "pkg-config --cflags xdamage"
reports that it is missing the dependency of xproto.  So I can go and
make and install that and then "pkg-config --cflags xdamage" says it
is missing the package "x11" which looks like these need xorg stuff.

Isn't there a package for x11native that installs a "x11" pkg-config
configuration
so  packages requiring "x11" get that satisfied by a native X?  This sounds
like this should be a much bigger problem than just for gnome-mag!

--Phil

--
Phil Nelson (phil at cs.wwu.edu) http://www.cs.wwu.edu/nelson
NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org  Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu