Re: Can we get mail/spamprobe updated?

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
I'd also add options for the new PNG and JPEG scanning support (see attach).
I'll run with the new version for a few days before committing this.

OK, Excellent!

... works as well. I have NFI why the scheme was chosen. :(
Because it's a much more common scheme?

Um, that seems like a bad argument. I think it's not upon us to impose a "common" schema upon the software we package, at least as long as our tools can handle the versioning scheme that the software authors choose. After all, how should an unwary user looking for 1.4d know that it's called 1.4.4 here? He won't know.

Regarding patch-aa: apparantly it was added to fix building with gcc4.  As I'm
running NetBSD 4.x (with gcc3),  can anyone else verify whether it builds with
gcc4 without patch-aa?

only gcc3 here, too.

 - Hubert