Re: Testers for wip/skype wanted

Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
On 12/10/2007, Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
Hello,

a new version of skype has been released, this time with OSS support,
which should greatly benefit NetBSD. However, when I tried using it (on
NetBSD-4.99.30), it crashed with the following message:

         terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RtError'

I have it running on 4.99.32, but I can't get the mike to work - when
I try to dial out,  it complains that it cannot open the recording
device. The setup does not allow me to change the device from /dev/dsp
(which is not present on NetBSD)

The suse100_base package should be populating an /emul/linux/dev directory on your machine, with /emul/linux/dev/dsp a symlink to "audio". If that didn't happen when you installed suse100_base (from before the big emulator rototill in pkgsrc), then you should try to populate that directory by hand.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny C. Lam