Re: gnome-config: not found

 > I discovered the gnome-libs package contains gnome-config and
 installed it on the installed-from-binary machine, then tried again:
 >[..]
 > it no longer complains about gnome-config not being found, but
 > there's not a file named pygobject-2.0.pc on that machine.

 I don't know what to do now.

install devel/py-gobject[-shared] ?

Thanks for that Chavdar. When I searched the list of all packages for that package I used the string 'pygobject' and didn't find it. :(

Installing the py-gobject-shared package was the final step required; now OOF2 will install.

Any thoughts on why gnome-config is required on the machine whose packages were installed from precompiled binaries but not on the machine where they were built from source?

To make sure I wasn't mistaken, I started again with a fresh install of NetBSD 3.1 and the 2007Q2 pkgsrc tar ball. After installing these packages:

/usr/pkgsrc/lang/python24
(then link /usr/pkg/bin/python to /usr/pkg/bin/python2.4)
/usr/pkgsrc/devel/py-readline
/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/ImageMagick
/usr/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2
/usr/pkgsrc/x11/xforms
/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/libgnomecanvas
/usr/pkgsrc/x11/py-gtk2
/usr/pkgsrc/math/blas
/usr/pkgsrc/math/lapack

there's no gnome-config command on the system but OOF2 installs happily.

I noticed py-gobject-shared is installed, I think as a result of installing py-gtk2, but it wasn't on my installed-from-binaries machine until I installed it explicitly.

libgnome isn't in the list pkg_info produces.

Ray