location of xorg config files

modular-xorg seems to keep its configuration files in
${PREFIX}/lib/X11/*.  I'd prefer ${SYSCONFDIR}/X11/*.  I really don't
want to have customised configuration files in /usr/pkg/lib, which
is a directory that's likely to get blown away whenever I do a bulk
re-installation of all my pkgs.

Do I have to go around adding "-config /usr/pkg/etc/X11/foo/bar" flags
wherever I invoke Xorg-related servers or applications, or is there
something I can put in /etc/mk.conf to make it DTRT, or does it already
DTRT if I just move the config files from /usr/pkg/lib/X11/foo/bar to
/usr/pkg/etc/X11/foo/bar or /etc/X11/foo/bar?

--apb (Alan Barrett)