Re: swfdec updated to 0.5.1

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Guillaume Lasmayous wrote:

You're right.
I managed to _compile_ ffmpeg-snapshot from yesterday without any patches. I'm still checking if everything is working correctly, and if patches are still required. The problem with updating ffmpeg is that there is no "formal" release...:"New, official "releases" are few and far between. In short, if you want to work with FFmpeg, you are advised to go along with SVN development rather than relying on formal releases. "

So I'm wondering what is the best approach to take advantage of the new features of ffmpeg ? Maybe I should try to package swfdec without ffmpeg support, while there no other official ffmpeg releases.

        On option would be to update wip/ffmpeg-devel to a known recent
        working snapshot and depend on that instead...