Re: Samba and Mac OS trouble

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
I've set up a samba server, which works very well, except one oddity.
We're only using Mac's in our company and if I connect to the
samba share via the Finder (smb://samba) and if I use "duplicate"  to
duplicate a file,
the samba server takes a long time (1-2 Minutes) to accomplish this
task, when the file used to duplicate is medium size (< 10 MB) . Other
tasks seem to be done immediately.
Does anybody know what could be the reason ?

There is a bug in MacOS when writing large files to a Samba share (IIRC). It's to do with delayed acks being on by default on MacOS and there is sysctl you can change. Sorry, I can't remember the exact details, but this should be enough to give Google a good shot.

--
Stephen