Re: converters/libiconv fails to build on Solaris

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Raymond Meyer wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2007 15:34:04 +0100
> Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer%rambler.ru@localhost> wrote:
>
> > ===> Building for libiconv-1.11
> > builddir="`pwd`"; cd libcharset && /opt/pkg/bin/bmake all
> > &&     /opt/pkg/bin/pax -rw lib/libcharset.la lib/.libs "$builddir/"
> > &&        /opt/pkg/bin/pax -rw include/*.h "$builddir/" cd lib
> > && /opt/pkg/bin/bmake all cd lib && /opt/pkg/bin/bmake all cd srclib
> > && /opt/pkg/bin/bmake all sh: line 5: cd: srclib: No such file or directory
> > *** [all] Error code 1
> > 1 error
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Well it only fails to build with the above error message when I have the
> following set in my mk.conf:
>
> WRAPPER_UPDATE_CACHE=no
> MAKE_FLAGS+=-j1
>
> Can anyone think of why this happens?

Instead of using MAKE_FLAGS+=-j1 use MAKE_JOBS=1.

Have a look at this:

$  grep JOBS /opt/rainier/pkgsrc/converters/libiconv/Makefile
MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=         no              # ENOENT(srclib)

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I am not really sure what -j1 does since that is for maximum one job.
But I also read that turns off compatibility mode so maybe things are ran
out of the wrong order even if only one job. Can anyone explain this?