Re: cdrtools vs cdrtools-ossdvd

On Thu, 24 May 2007, Greg Troxel wrote:

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 12:23:40PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
But until we can say to someone who wants to use -ossdvd instead:
"You're just being unreasonable and we're going to ignore you.", I think
we should leave both in.

My argument is (a) cdrtools is better maintained (b) it confuses users
(c) most users can't make an informed decision. So given that the
original reason for having cdrtools-ossdvd disappeared, it would prefer
that those that do use it come up (to ensure that it is actively used)
and if possible check if they still have to.

That's certainly a good argument for putting such a note in DESCR.  I am
just in favor of a slow fuse on pulling stuff when it's arguable.

The only reason I installed -ossdvd is because Ithought that was the
only version that did DVDs. Of course my SATA DVD burner doesn't get
along with NetBSD, but that's another matter.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost