Re: running audio/bmpx

On 15/05/07, Zafer Aydogan <zafer%aydogan.de@localhost> wrote:
hello list,

audio/bmpx can't find a suitable audio device.
Am I missing something ?

Have you got the gst-plugins installed? The second subpage of the
settings will tell you
which formats are recognized. I installed all gst-plugins-*1*. Anyway,
this is as far as the
input to bmpx is concerned. On my system the default output system was
OSS onto /dev/dsp0, which does not exist on NetBSD. I wasn't sure if I
could use /dev/mixer ot /dev/audio, so I switched Gnome to esd (and
obviously the sound system of bmpx to the same). It works now.

(not that I use it - this is first time I had heard of it - usually I
use moc ^:)

The only trouble is I am getting
** Message: #1 Error: Could not get owner of name
'org.beepmediaplayer.bmp': no such name

when I start it and a box with:
------
BMP Terminated without Reporting the Shutdown

If this was unexpected (if you didn't kill it with 'kill' on purpose,
or maybe if you did, but the app hung before you did so, or if you
don't even know what 'kill' is at all) then please report the problem
situation as a bug at http://bugs.beep-media-player.org
------
at the end.

I made some screenshots that you can see here: http://www.aydogan.org/bmpx/