Re: GLib conversion failure on OpenBSD when building gtk2

Tobias Nygren wrote:
> If this is really broken it would be more beneficial to
> find out the root cause.
"646" is not hardcoded in nl_langinfo but I'm not very interested in
digging OpenBSD code. Maybe my system can be reconfigured to return a
good "ASCII" value, I don't know.

> Anyway, "646" is an alias for "ASCII",
> which should be used instead of "ISO8859-1".
OK, I edited my local patch.

> Apparently /usr/bin/iconv on NetBSD and on Solaris both know about
> "646". Gnu iconv doesn't. What implementation does OpenBSD use?
> Maybe we should patch converters/libiconv to accept "646".
I don't see iconv in /usr/bin, only piconv which is, according to man
"piconv -- iconv(1), reinvented in perl"

piconv doesn't understand "646" either.

"man 1 iconv" returns nothing unless I install libiconv-1.9.2p3 from
ports. It's GNU iconv.

--
Alexander Nasonov
http://nasonov.blogspot.com