Subject: Re: upcoming anniversary
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: John Nemeth <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/04/2007 10:36:26
On Sep 20,  2:21pm, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
} > 6) Patches seem to rarely be submitted upstream. A FreeBSD port may have
} > fixed a generic problem years ago but appear to never adequately share
} > their fix. (I have seen this several times over several years.)
} The same to pkgsrc. I'm upstream maintainer ;) Most bug reports and
} suggestions was obtained from Debian people, some from OpenBSD,
} nothing from pkgsrc.  If somebody from pkgsrc people invite upstream
} maintainers to builk builds mailing list, things will probably change

     That would be  Archives are available at .  You can subscribe by sending
"subscribe pkgsrc-bulk" to

}-- End of excerpt from Aleksey Cheusov