Re: Some modular-xorg packages cannot be created on Debian Linux

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Alexander Nasonov wrote:

> x11/xkbcomp, fonts/bdftopcf and one other package cannot be created
> because .1 extension is assumed in their PLISTs. But there is a check in
> configure script in x11/xkbcomp which sets it to 1x if $OPSYS_LOWER ==
> "linux".

I have been trying to make sure these are fixed upstream. Xorg has fixed
the macros for this, but just hasn't released a newer versions of the
tarballs yet.

> One fix would be to replace .1 with something like ${MAN1_SUFFIX}.
> Another fix would be to patch the configure script. Which one is the
> right fix?

The easiest for now is to just set in the CONFIGURE_ENV for
APP_MAN_SUFFIX, etc. Some examples can be seen with:

grep MAN_SUFFIX pkgsrc/x11/lib*/Makefile

> Thanks for great work! I succesfully built modular-xorg on FreeBSD 6.2
> and OpenBSD 4.0. This is a list of packages I put in my pkgchk.con file:
>
> x11/modular-xorg-server
> x11/xf86-input-keyboard
> x11/xf86-input-mouse
> x11/xf86-video-ati