Re: mksandbox

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> mksandbox is using chroot, so /usr/bin/ftp isn't visible.

I was able to setup chroot on FreeBSD 6.2, see attached patch.

/usr/bin/ftp is available:

(inside chroot)
# file /usr/bin/ftp
/usr/bin/ftp: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

(outside chroot)
%df -h /home/pkg/sandbox/FreeBSD/usr/bin/ftp
Filesystem    Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/usr/bin       13G    2.8G    8.8G    24%    /home/pkg/sandbox/FreeBSD/usr/bin

I ran sh mk/bulk/build as recommended but it couldn't run without
1. /usr/pkg/bin/bmake
2. /usr/pkg/share/mk/*
3. probably other files such as /usr/pkg/bin/{ftp,pax,tar}
   and /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_{add,admin,create,delete,info}
   but I never checked that. I've just copied them as well.
4. ldconfig /lib /usr/lib; otherwise a configuration of perl5 breaks.

It's now compiling perl5.

> You may want to try pkg_comp instead; it's designed for precisely this
> purpose.
I wish I could use but it seems to work only on NetBSD.
--
Alexander Nasonov
http://nasonov.blogspot.com

If men can develop weapons that are so terrifying as to make the
thought of global war include almost a sentence for suicide, you
would think that man`s intelligence and his comprehension... would
include also his ability to find a peaceful solution. -- Dwight
Eisenhower --

This quote is generated by:
        /usr/pkg/bin/curl -L http://tinyurl.com/veusy         \
          | sed -e 's/^document\.write(.//' -e 's/.);$/ --/'  \
                -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' -e 's/^More quotes from //' \