Re: iconv / LDFLAGS question (opensolaris)

Mark Mayo wrote:

> Any suggestions on how to properly deal with this? I'm sorry but I'm
> completely new to pkgsrc and my Makefile skills are very rusty,
> otherwise I'd have made more progress with understanding how things
> come together.. Except for the libiconv problem, I've built about 100
> ports now with the stock gcc compiler in /usr/sfw/bin and things have
> been working well.

I guess in those cases the directories work/.buildlink/{include,lib}/
do not contain symlinks to the header files and libraries for libiconv.

Please put

  .include "../../converters/libiconv/buildlink3.mk"

in front of the .include line for bsd.pkg.mk into the package Makefile
and then try "bmake clean; bmake".

Pkgsrc is trying hard to avoid "silent" requirements where necessary
libraries and headers are found on one machine (so the build works) but not
on others. All explicitly listed requirements (by including their
buildlink3.mk files) for header files and libraries are available in
work/.buildlink/*. There is even a sophisticated system of shell
wrappers where, among other things, other paths (such as /usr/local/lib
in your case) are cleaned from the commandline you see during the build.
You can take a look at the commandline before ([*]) and after (<.>) the
cleaning in work/.work.log.

If you can build the packages with the suggested modification to the
Makefiles, please submit a problem report with category "pkg" for them at

  http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/sendpr.cgi?gndb=netbsd

Some information what to put into those reports can be found here

  http://www.NetBSD.org/Misc/send-pr.html

ciao
     Klaus