Solaris and AMD64 support

Hi everybody:

I've read a blog about hacking pkgsrc and a Solaris Express
installation in order to have native AMD64 applications deployed on
Solaris using pkgsrc:

http://perso.enst.fr/~dauphin/pkgsrcmywork/

There are two problems the dauphin's patches solve:

* When you ask uname -p , the system replies with a x86, x86pc instead
of x86_64 or amd64.
* When you compile something using gcc, the resulting binary is a 32
bits binary instead of being a 64 bits binary.

I have modified my system following the patches described in the URL
above and they work perfectly (well, ok, there are a lot of problems
trying to install something big like meta-pkgs/kde3 but I think they
are package specific problems).

Are these patches merged on pkgsrc? Is there some official workaround
about the amd64 support on opensolaris with pkgsrc?

Regards,

Ernesto