Re: OOo2 vs. firefox

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 11:07:02PM +0900, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:07:13 +0100 (CET),
> Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> > > Can you try this patch?
> > > (I'm trying it, but it takes a long time to compile firefox2-gtk1)
> >
> > Same as before:
>
> *-gtk1 packages don't install *.pc files for avoiding conflicts  (I'm
> sorry, I missed this).
> However, these files should be installed for OOo.  The work is needed
> for these packages.

They could be installed but that means firefox and firefox-gtk1 would have
to conflict, which is not strictly necessary.  We had the same issue with
firefox vs firefox2 a while ago.  They used to be able to be installed in
parallel, but after adding pkgconfig files to firefox2, they had to
conflict, and firefox2 is now registered as "firefox" as well.

Maybe we should make the .pc files a separate package on their own?  That
way you could install as many different firefox* packages as you want, and
install the -pc package just for one.

        Geert