problems with fonts/menus in opera-linux under netbsd

Hi,

Opera 9.01 and 9.10 under linux emulation from NetBSD 3.1, 4.99.3 and 4.0_BETA2 (SuSE10*) with native XF4.5 and modular x.org from pkgsrc do strange things: some UI texts aren't displayed, for instance those indicating download progress in the download manager, and menus disappear when others, e.g. sub-menus, are closed. On the terminal where I issued "startx", messages like "XFree86-Bigfont extension: shmget() failed, size = ..., error = 12" are printed, which might be the reason for the font problem. I've been seeing this for a long time and now increasingly wonder whether I'm the only one. In any case, is there a proposed fix? TIA.

Dennis den Brok