Re: A graceful way for ulimits?

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Peter Eisch wrote:

> Is there a graceful way to fiddle with 'curproc' values by setting values in
> rc.conf?  I need to up the descriptors limit for a package's apps.  I don't
> want to simply edit the rc.d script, though that would be effective.
>
> I could do it in rc.local, but I'd like to use a tighter tying to the
> rc.conf if possible in the event the app is restarted after system start
> time.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Specifics:  I need bacula-dir and bacula-sd's descriptors.soft increased to
> something larger than 64.
>
> Thanks,

See the email from Simon B. on NetBSD-users on Feb 22 with subject:
"managing process memory limits on the fly?"

It suggests using an /etc/rc.conf.d/ file to run the ulimit command. Maybe
have both /etc/rc.conf.d/bacula-dir and /etc/rc.conf.d/bacula-sd and the
just have your ulimit command.

  Jeremy C. Reed