Re: How to use on OpenBSD? (has Perl-5.8.8 in OBSD base)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, The masked-coder known as Randux wrote:

I'm not asking anyone to change anything, I'm just trying to understand what you are saying because I didn't see an explanation in the pkgsrc user guide of this issue.

Is it correct that if you use pkgsrc on OpenBSD that you are basically maintaining two parallel sets of everything that happens to be common?

        For the specific case of perl, pkgsrc is setup to build a
        perl which looks for its modules in certain places, such
        that pkgsrc perl modules live under /usr/pkg like any other
        package. Other native programs and libraries are used where
        reasonable, such as the compiler, flex, libz, etc.