How to use on OpenBSD? (has Perl-5.8.8 in OBSD base)

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use pkgsrc in OpenBSD 4.0. I hit a bit of a stumbling block here
whilst building Firefox2. Even though Perl-5.8.8 is installed (part of
OpenBSD's base) pkgsrc doesn't seem to realise it when trying to build autoconf.

I created a dummy package entry in my package db to try to fool him but he
wasn't outsmarted.

What's the proper way to deal with this type of situation? In this case I have
the dependency already on the system but pkgsrc doesn't recognise it. I suspect
this situation may come up frequently in a mixed system so I must understand
how to cater for it.

Thanks,
Rand