Re: Apache, PHP and Postgresql

Thanks for that.  It turned out that the web server was indeed using
an old binary.  I had uninstalled an older version of PHP and then
installed a newer one.  I restarted apache after this, and numerous
times while trying to figure out what was going on, but apache kept
reporting it was using the old version.  In the end all I had to do
was actually stop apache and then start it again - this loaded the new
binary and everything worked a treat.  I guess I shouldn't have
assumed that a restart was sufficient to take care of a change like
that.

Thanks again,
Luke

On 3/6/07, Roland Illig <rillig%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Luke Maurits wrote:
> I'm fairly new to web programming, so to get used to things I have
> written a small .php page which queries a postgresql database and
> displays the results, formatted as HTML.  If I run this program from the
> command line, i.e. execute "php filename.php", then everything appears
> to run smoothly - the expected HTML is printed to the standard output
> and it includes exactly those results from the database that I expect.

What happends if you try "/usr/pkg/libexec/cgi-bin/php filename.php"?
(Just to make sure the web server is using the correct binary.)

Roland

--
( )  ASCII ribbon campaign against
X   HTML email & proprietary format

Please don't send me Microsoft Word documents:
http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~miller/no-word

Free Software Foundation:  "Free as in Freedom"
http://www.fsf.org/

Mozilla Firefox: The browser you can trust

Mozilla Thunderbird: Reclaim your inbox

Open Office: Free, portable, compatible office suite
http://www.openoffice.org