Re: How to use binary packages on secondary systems?

The masked-coder known as Randux wrote:
I find it works much better when I cd to /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All and
do pkg_add pkgname.tgz. If there isn't a preferred way I may continue
with this. One thing that doesn't seem optimal here is that the
dependency tracking seems to be affected. For example, I got a few
warnings which said "dependency changed to reflect manual
installation" or something like that.

You can safely ignore these warnings. They are just warnings because there is a handy function called warnx(3) which can print warnings. There is no similar function called infox(3), and since the programmer was kind of lazy, this is now a warning.

This should really be an informational message rather than a warning.

Roland