Re: acroread problem: symbol lookup error: /usr/pkg/xorg/lib/libICE.so.6: undefined symbol: __sF

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:01:25PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I just upgraded to 4.99.12 from 25 February.  When I click on a PDF
> link from native-compiled Firefox 2.0.0.2, I get
>
>       /usr/pkg/Acrobat7/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: symbol lookup
> error: /usr/pkg/xorg/lib/libICE.so.6: undefined symbol: __sF
>
> If, otoh, I open the downloaded PDF file from a shell prompt, it just
> works.  This problem started after my kernel+userland upgrade; these are the
> relevant packages:

I had this error in the past - it came from Lunix binaries attempting
to mmap in libc, and getting the NetBSD libc - or maybe it was the
other way round, NetBSD binaries and Lunix libc - my apologies, it's
been 7 years or so.

Regards,
Alistair