Re: netbsd ap2_php5 apache module

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:10:27 +0100
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:06:12AM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
> > it *is* a little confusing, that the pkg_info label doesn't match
> > the actual pkg name in the hierarchy. I resorted to:
>
> pkg_info -Q PKGPATH foo

so if you do a brute-force pkg_info | grep <something> then for any
match you can use this to find what it is in pkgsrc. Thats good. You
still need to know that in some instances php is php5, and apache is
ap/ap2 depending.

you can do pkg_info -Q PKGPATH \*php\*
www/ap-php
lang/php5

so wildcarding works directly as well. thats even better!

> > perhaps this is something to think about when making one pkg handle
> > multiple inter-pkg relationships.
>
> That's normally handled correctly. See apache.mk and php's version
> handling.

yep. the systems themselves do know, and thats good. But it confuses
simple humans (like me)

now I realize I can wildcard, I can stop doing brute force. thanks for
a cluestick hit.

-G