building mesa into X.org; take two

I think one is supposed to build the X server before MesaLib, not the
other way around.

Once I did that, I just added Mesa-6.5.2.tar.bz2 as a distfile in the
xorg package and had it extract to ${WRKSRC}.  Then, all I had to do
was symlink src/include/GL from the mesa directory to GL/glx/GL in the
server tree.  I used the following build flags (to coincide with
--enable-dri, which the package comes with):

-DGLXEXT -DGLX_USE_MESA -DGLX_USE_DLOPEN -DGLX_DIRECT_RENDERING [and
-D__GLX_ALIGN64 if you have a 64-bit platform).  I added
CONFIGURE_ENV+= --with-mesa-source=${MESA_DIR} (which I set
beforehand) and et. voila, it worked.

I then built Mesa-6.5.2 in pkgsrc with the same options, changing
-DGLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY to -DGLX-GLXEXT-PROTOTYPES (this is what they use
these days).  I was able to run all of the mesa demos.

Attached is my modular-xorg-server Makefile.

Enjoy,

--Blair
--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":