Re: Errors building mono

Huub wrote:
Hi,

I'm using DragonFlyBSD on an AthlonXP machine and I posted earlier in a DragonFly group. There I got the advise to post in a pkgsrc.user group and this is the only pkgsrc.user group I could find. Hence my post. I want to install mono from pkgsrc since I couldn't find a suitable binary. But the build end with this error:

==> Building for mono-1.1.13.8.1nb1
In file included from ./include/private/gc_priv.h:66,
                 from allchblk.c:19:
./include/private/gcconfig.h:438: error: syntax error before '--' token

That's a suboptimal error message, but looking at that file, it becomes obvious what is happening here:

    # ifndef mach_type_known
        --> unknown machine type
    # endif

I'm wondering why you could even start to build the package, since there is the following line in the package Makefile:

    NOT_FOR_PLATFORM+= *-*-alpha *-*-sparc64 *-*-x86_64

Please run "bmake show-var VARNAME=MACHINE_PLATFORM". I'm curious what this says.

Roland