Re: Problems with rxvt-unicode after installing

Ondřej, thank you very much for the answer.

What I think that is strange is that the pkgsrc (or the package build system?) would do one of the following things:
- add the rxvt-unicode termcap
- setting the X resource configuration (well, this may be wrong, because X is out of this package)

Months ago I installed rxvt-unicode from pkgsrc and got no problems, but I got one: unicode characters didn't work too well on some applications. I suppose pkgsrc or anything else had configured that X to recognize urxvt as rxvt (as said in the MESSAGE file), but rxvt-unicode experts said me that this breaks some things, like correct unicode support.

So I believe the package should have to add the rxvt-unicode termcap, no?

Who is the package maintener? Should I contact him and give him my opinion?

Thank you very much!

--
Silas Silva - http://www.purl.org/NET/silas/site