modular xorg headers: why lib dependencies?

I've noticed that some modular xorg packages have dependencies on
libX11, etc.  I'm confused as to why this is as the native Xorg build
system installs all proto modules prior to all libraries.
Does this mean that Xorg's own build system isn't respecting
dependencies?  This seems unlikely to me, yet somehow plausible given
my experiences with it ...

Could anyone enlighten me?

Thanks a lot,

--Blair
--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":