Re: [GLUG-tech] busybox port to NetBSD pkgsrc

On 11/01/07, Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Ross Cameron wrote:

Ross, you may want to tell us what you are hoping to accomplish.

An embedded Linux distro that uses the NetBSD package management system (I personaly think its the most advanced package manager available).
Reason for embedded Linux and not just a crungen()ed NetBSD is cause the hardware platform my customer has chosen uses a nRNG (atomic random number generator) and a proprietary SSL/AES-crypto accelerator and both only have support for Linux.

Are you building a Linux system using pkgsrc that uses Busybox as its
core /bin and /sbin utilities?

Yes because the footprint I have available for the core OS is 4MB, with 16MB available afterwards to install packages.

I did similar by using +INSTALL scripts to copy the essential binaries
into place.

Did  you perhaps document this somewhere?

Regards
Ross Cameron