Re: busybox port to NetBSD pkgsrc

On 09/01/07, Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:
Hi Ross.

I don't know much about busybox myself. You may want to tell us a sentence
or two about it.

Busybox is a replacement for the usual UNIX command set that is used
extensively in the embedded Linux market.

on a Linux system is is usually installed as /bin/busybox and all the
usual commands like:
ls, mv, cp, rm, ifconfig, etc. etc. are symlinked to the /bin/busybox
executable.
     Busybox uses argc() and argv() to determine what command it is
supposed to emulate.

Does it have an "install" target?

Yes it does.

Did you create a PLIST file that lists all the files it installs? (See
other packages for examples.)

I dont know how to do this to be honest

Can I attach a tarball of my /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/busybox directory?
That way maybe the list could have a look and tell me how to proceed?

The way I compile busybox is as follows:
     make menuconfig     # This creates a file called ".config"
     make                        # This creates the "busybox" executable
                                      # strips all unnecessary symbols etc.
     make install              # or make PREFIX=/path/from/root install