Problem using CONF_FILES

Hi,

I am trying to create a package that installs some files in PREFIX/etc . I
have read the pkgsrc guide and looked at other packages that use the
CONF_FILES framework but i'm lost.

Here's what i have done

I have modified the package makefiles to install into
PREFIX/share/examples/PolicyKit as instructed in the guide.

In my makefile i have added

EGDIR=                  ${PREFIX}/share/examples/PolicyKit
CONF_FILES=  ${EGDIR}/dbus-1/system.d/PolicyKit.conf
${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}/dbus-1/system.d/PolicyKit.conf

As far as i can see that is all i need to do, however when installing i get

 Installing files needed by PolicyKit-0.1.20060514:

        /usr/pkg/etc/dbus-1/system.d/PolicyKit.conf
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/PolicyKit/dbus-1/system.d/PolicyKit.conf]
cp: /usr/pkg/etc/dbus-1/system.d/PolicyKit.conf: No such file or directory
chmod: /usr/pkg/etc/dbus-1/system.d/PolicyKit.conf: No such file or directory

Any ideas what i have done wrong?

Do i have to create the directory before hand? The guide implied that it is
all just handled by the framework.

The package is available at http://www.coris.org.uk/mrk/hal/policykit.tar.gz

Thanks

Mark Kirby