keep support for gcc 2.95 in NetBSD 1.6.x?

Hi,

are we supposed to keep existing patches for compatibility with gcc 2.95?

If this could be done without overhead I would not ask but applications
evolve (ie, get rewritten) and patches have to be adapted and tested.
I have not asked the software's authors yet, but I imagine feeding back
those adapted patches could become difficult or impossible.

ciao
     Klaus