Re: comms/bthfp floating point exception

On Sunday 10 December 2006 18:14, Iain Hibbert wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Juan RP wrote:

> > On Sunday 10 December 2006 16:38, Juan RP wrote:

> > > accept_sco: blocksize=0 info.blocksize=800 mtu=0

> > The problem is mtu that is 0, blocksize is fine.

> Hm, in that case I should add a check there to at least fail gracefully..

Ah, so the problem was that I was using hw.ubt0.config=0!

> > Anyway hardcoding the mtu value (127) does not seem to work

> > and I can hear only distortions.

> How did you hardcode that value? 127 is likely too large - did you read

> the CAVEAT section from ubt(4) and enable the USB isochronous data for

> ubt? That should explain somewhat how to calculate a proper value (its

> suboptimal that we should have to do that, but I haven't worked out the

> real problem in the USB stack as yet)

I thought mtu was referring to net.bluetooth.rfcomm.mtu_default.

> The MTU retrieved from the socket will be the "sco_mtu" value as reported

> by btconfig - if this is still zero, then that is what the device is

> reporting and I'm not sure if setting it to a higher value will work

> properly. I understand that some older Belkin USB dongles (Broadcom 2035)

> had trouble with SCO data and report the value in this way.

I understand... I changed hw.ubt0.config to 1 and I got:

[juan@nocturno][~]> sysctl -a|grep -E '(ubt|bluetooth)'

net.bluetooth.hci.sendspace = 259

net.bluetooth.hci.recvspace = 4096

net.bluetooth.hci.acl_expiry = 10

net.bluetooth.hci.memo_expiry = 600

net.bluetooth.hci.eventq_max = 20

net.bluetooth.hci.aclrxq_max = 50

net.bluetooth.hci.scorxq_max = 50

net.bluetooth.l2cap.sendspace = 4096

net.bluetooth.l2cap.recvspace = 4096

net.bluetooth.l2cap.rtx = 30

net.bluetooth.l2cap.ertx = 180

net.bluetooth.rfcomm.sendspace = 4096

net.bluetooth.rfcomm.recvspace = 4096

net.bluetooth.rfcomm.mtu_default = 127

net.bluetooth.rfcomm.ack_timeout = 20

net.bluetooth.rfcomm.mcc_timeout = 20

net.bluetooth.sco.sendspace = 4096

net.bluetooth.sco.recvspace = 4096

hw.ubt0.config = 1

hw.ubt0.alt_config = 6

hw.ubt0.sco_rxsize = 9

hw.ubt0.sco_txsize = 9

[juan@nocturno][~]>

I start /etc/rc.d/btconfig:

[juan@nocturno][~]> sudo /etc/rc.d/btconfig start

Configuring Bluetooth controllers: ubt0.

[juan@nocturno][~]>

But can you explain with details how to calculate the SCO

packet size?

--

http://plog.xtrarom.org/

Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish