Re: kdeadmin - heimdal

First of all, please everyone, don't CC me. I tried setting Reply-To
and that didn't help either.

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > In general it's not
> > really a good idea to have the same library in pkgsrc and in the
> > base system, so I'd try to use as much as possible from pkgsrc.

> If we have any problems with outside headers/libraries getting in the
> way, they should be reported.

Yes and no. That's not what I was talking about. Obviously in case of
security issue you'll have to update the same library twice. Further
assuming you have /usr/pkg/bin in your path, compiling stuff outside
of pkgsrc might have trouble to find the right libraries or headers,
considering pkg-config or *-config scripts.

--
Christian