Re: Severe performance issues with pkgsrc-2006Q3?

Hauke Fath wrote:
> Similar under Gnome: A Gnome terminal takes around 15 sec to appear,
> a KDE konsole 20 sec, and even an xterm needs 10 sec.

I'd recommend using mlterm instead. When using its daemon mode, opening
a new terminal takes a few milliseconds and it saves a lot of memory.
Its rendering is also better than xterm's. xterm is really useless for
Chinese/Japanese/Korean and such. mlterm does not render quite as fast
as xterm but much faster than anything based on Gtk+/Pango.

There are two pending patches for it in pkgsrc. I wouldn't use it without
those.

--
Christian