Re: Firefox 2.0 user-agent weirdness

I know about the branding issues.
But while in 1.5.x times the Browser was called "Deer Park", at least
the user-agent was "Firefox/1.5.x".
In 2.0 both changed.
Anyway. I know I can set my custom user-agent string in about:config
-> general.*
but I was just wondering, why it was changed aswell.

Zafer.

2006/11/12, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>:
On 11/12/06, Zafer Aydogan <zafer%aydogan.de@localhost> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I was wondering why Firefox 2.0 is containing the user-agent string
> "BonEcho/2.0" instead of Firefox/2.0 in contrast to the previous
> Versions like Firefox 1.5.0.7 where it remained "Firefox/Version".

Branding. If you set

PKG_OPTIONS.gecko+=official-mozilla-branding

you *should* get the other. You will not be able to distribute the
binary though.

(IANAL and I haven't got much clue in this, I just remember some
earlier noise on one of these lists).