Re: www/firefox2 issues on NetBSD/macppc 3.x

> I thought I'd share my experiences with Firefox 2 on NetBSD/macppc 3.x.
> I've run into a couple of problems with it, mostly the same as issues
> I've had with Firefox 1.5, but they've become more pronounced, it
> seems.

Do you perhaps use the ".mozilla" settings directory with both the
NetBSD-i386 and NetBSD-macppc system? I discovered in the past
that sharing the directory might cause weird problems. Putting
the following command in my local shell script which launches
"firefox" fixed the problem for me:

find $HOME/.mozilla -name secmod.db -type f -exec rm {} \;

That's good to know, thanks.  I don't share my home directory between
these machines right now, but it's a possible scenario for me.

I had a look at the files under the .mozilla directory, and the one you
mentioned along with cert8.db and key3.db are Berkeley DB files, so
that'd explain the problem, since their storage method is dependent on
the endianess of the machine.  (Interestingly, there are also SQLite
files in the directory too, and SQLite data files are not
endian-dependent.  I wonder if Firefox will ultimately switch over
everything to SQLite.)

Regards,

Dave