Re: textproc/aspell not building on 4.99.3

Hi everyone,

I am using pkgsrc-2006Q3 on a 4.99.3 i386 machine and I do not seem to be able to build textproc/aspell. I submitted pkg/34819 about this problem but have not heard anything back; I decided to see if the list had any suggestions. This build failure breaks any number of apps that are interesting/important to me (gaim and bluefish come to mind). Here is the failure excerpt:

Hello,

I think, it is the -O3 optimisation that kills the build. Try -O2 instead. :) By the way, consider using -fomit-frame-pointer if you do not care about debugging and would like to have a faster code.

Kind regards,
Adam