Re: wip/firefox2 on amd64: this is what fails

I'm basically learning all of this stuff as I go along; I just made a resolution that I was finally going to learn C, but it's going to take a while. Gotta save the money for a book or two more. ;)

I am at work now and have been busy so I haven't been able to look at this as much as I'd like, but I am not familiar at all with assembly.  I really do not understand why it is complaining about -fPIC when its specified.  I am probably missing something most familiar with this stuff would consider obvious.

Thanks for your time, I will look at it more later.

On 10/23/06, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost > wrote:
On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 12:34:30AM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> ld: ../../dist/lib/libxptcmd.a(xptcstubs_unixish_amd64.o): relocation
> R_X86_64_P
> C32 against `PrepareAndDispatch' can not be used when making a shared
> object; re
> compile with -fPIC
> ld: final link failed: Bad value

Inline assembly?