Re: firefox/thunderbird printing problems with latest fontconfig

On Friday 13 October 2006 12:01, Mark Davies wrote:
> Is anybody else having problems with firefox and thunderbird segfaulting
> after printing when used with the latest fontconfig package?
>
> firefox will reliably segfault for us straight after printing any web page
> (that has text on it).  The top of the backtrace is:
>
> #0  0xbb5def62 in IA__FcCharSetDestroy () from
                [...]

I found the problem: firefox (and thunderbird/seamonkey/sunbird) is calling
FcCharSetDestroy() on something fontconfig explicitly says "Applications must
not free" so it should FcCharSetCopy() it each time it wants it.
I've patched the packages to fix this and I see that firefox2.0rc3 already has
it fixed.

cheers
mark