Re: pkgsrc and OS X

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 07:04:07PM +0300, Philipp Riegger wrote:
> The last 4 problems with pkgsrc on OS X i wanted to discuss on the
> list were not answered, so i am interested in the reason.

> Is there still interest in pkgsrc on OS X? I think so. Is there a
> better place to ask questions about compile-time errors in packages?
> The last 3 emails were about all the prolog implementations in pkgsrc
> i found, none of them installs on OS X. I think this is kind of not
> good.

Well, most of the usual issue fixers also read pkgsrc-bulk@, which
points to those issues as well. The problem with pkgsrc on OS X is that
Darwin has an "interesting" linker, which introduces a lot of problems
not present on other platforms. Some of them also affect other systems,
but most don't.

Joerg